- We are looking for an analytical and creative merchandiser to plan and implement merchandising strategies, collaborate with channel partners and build customer relationships.
- The merchandiser’s responsibilities include understanding customer behavior, monitoring stock movements, managing inventory levels, ensuring product displays are appealing to customers and implementing promotional activities.
- You should also be able to handle supply problems and customer issues.
- To be successful as a merchandiser, you should be up-to-date with merchandising trends and produce sales through attractive product displays and promotions.
- Top candidates will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills, be able to handle pressure and satisfy customer expectations while meeting company objectives.
- Monitoring sales and identifying any losses or stock wastage
- Working with suppliers and distributors to negotiate prices and order large volumes
- Collaborate with executives, marketers and salespeople to set prices that are good for the market and profit
- Getting to know the customer base and understanding their motivation and sales drivers
- Reviewing customer feedback to predict sales trends and seasonal stock demand
- Briefing staff on stock display and rotation to ensure every space is optimized
- Researching and monitoring industry trends and consumer behavior to anticipate demand and changes in buying patterns
- Making predictions based on sales data, customer feedback and market trends
- Assessing the effectiveness of different product displays and store layouts on sales figures
- Reviewing competitors, including pricing, profit, marketing and other progress
- Planning and developing merchandising strategies.
- Analyzing sales figures, market trends and customer behavior to determine product needs.
- Stocking sales floor shelves and creating attractive product displays.
- Determining the need for and implementing product promotions, price changes, mark downs, clear outs, etc.
- Ensuring retail staff are well informed on product details and promotions.
- Maintaining and tracking inventory.
- Liaising between customer and company.
- Forecasting sales and profits.
- Managing budgets.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience in merchandising or retail preferred.
- Degree in business, marketing, retail or related field may be preferred.
- Strong organisational and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.